We made it down to Jamul and assembling the go cart wasn't as much of a pain as I thought it would be.
The engine went in fine and aligning the chain was a piece of cake. We didn't have a 1/4" key to keep the rear wheels from spinning free. So, I had to use a bench grinder and make one. And the rear breaks would stick but that was fixed with a beefier spring. Overall it was much easier than I expected and within an hour we were doing some test runs.
Okay, maybe I'm a bit big for it.
But the kids loved it.
and plenty of other adults.
We even had expert supervision by grandma.
Eventually it was test so thoroughly that the rear tire came off.
but in the traditional "Jamul way" it was quickly repaired with a hose clamp and some duck tape.