Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Car 28 - new steering wheel!




The steering wheel on the old zebra fj40 has been a source of irritation.  Once I got power steering I didn't need a giant steering wheel to get the beast moving in the right direction.  So I replaced it with a 13" steel dune buggy wheel.  I didn't really think about the dish of the steering wheel but, as you can see from this picture, it was pretty deep.


With the roll cage I can't move the seat back and at times I feel like I'm hunched over the black wheel.  So, I picked up a flat aluminum wheel from Chirco.   Being aluminum it's light and it does look a bit like a go kart wheel, but the rivets on the back give you a really good grip.  



so far so good!  I'll keep you posted when I give it a thorough testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment