Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Inspiration - Between the Folds

I wound up watching Between the Folds a documentary about origami almost three times in the last couple days.  Once for me, then with the kids, then with the wife and kids.  Origami has always fascinated me although I've never really dabbled in it.  It's such a nice idea to make sculpture with just one piece of paper. 


Beyond being about paper folding it's a bit of an exploration of how art evolves.  Starting with the basics, then to the overuse of technique, then minimalism, performance and so on.  It ends with looking at the scientific applications of origami.  Pretty great overall.

During and after everyone started folding paper.  I became fascinate with "one crease" origami which is the minimalist form.  


No comments:

Post a Comment