I've been slowly tackling the lack of wiring on the car. The first thing I installed was a small fuse box. Placement was a challenge. I had to consider where it couldn't be soaked with water, or kicked by kids and could be accessible. I wound up putting it in the center above the stick shifts.
Next I ran a fresh bundle of wire through the frame to the back (and replaced the rear shocks).
I replaced the lights with some LED trailer lights and they worked great. I had to do a bit of jury rigging with a trailer converter kit but surprisingly it all worked. Now I have working brake lights and turn signals!