Monday, April 9, 2012

New Old Roof


I needed a sheet metal roof for car 23/28 and was just about to head out to the metal supply shop, when I looked up.  In the rafters of my garage was a hood. 



Not just any hood.  This one was from the first car 23.  A "race" car which never ran, was eventually cut into pieces and made into art.




I had struggled with the hood for a while and attempted several mediocre paintings on it.



I turns out the hood fit over the drivers compartment almost perfectly.


I bent it a little, ground off some bits, gave it a coat of paint and bolted it on.





 It's great and maybe redeems the original car 23.  It also feels like the spirit of the old races.  Just use what's available and make it work.




1 comment:

  1. Serious CheerleaderApril 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM

    Wow, I am so thrilled to have somehow finally "helped" in some tiny way with car 23/28! And thrilled that the original car 23 and the LeMons Race attempt has proven to be of continuing value.

    ReplyDelete