Sunday, October 28, 2012

Album of the Week - Halloween Costume Edition - Rocket from the Crypt - Scream Dracula Scream


Halloween is coming up and once again I'm giving the kids ideas for costumes.  The natural choice is Kirk and Spock.  It really matches their personalities...but no.

My second idea is Rocket from the Crypt Vampire Alien Skeleton costume.


As seen in their live shows and the Born in 69 video. But the boys aren't going for it.


Such a simple costume and if you did the bones in reflective tape it would be awesome and safe.

Anyway, I will continue trying to convince the boys and while doing so  Rocket from the Crypt's 1995  album Scream, Dracula, Scream is on heavy rotation at our home.

It's an album that has really grown on me.  Although I've owned it since the late 90s I really didn't give it a chance until about five years ago.  Their one of the few bands to realize that to create the wall of sound you needed a horn section.

Anyway, I'm not going to give it a thorough review.  I've got costumes to work on.  This is just a recommendation that you give it a listen or a second listen.   Enjoy the Born in 69 video






No comments:

Post a Comment