Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Show I'm in - Resounding



Curated by Dan Cameron, Resounding is part of Prospect 1.5 and up Jonathon Ferarra Gallery in New Orleans through February 1.  It features Rhona Bitner, Tim Lee, Ted Riederer, Fikret Atay and me.  It's a pretty great group show about the representation of music after it's done playing.  


The first piece that came to mind was Lonesome Town.  It's a turntable with no tonearms playing Ricky Nelson's Lonesome Town to the flickers of it's sync lights.  It was inspired by The Cramps version of Lonesome Town but Nelson's is so much sadder.
  
Lonesome Town, 2006, turntables and Ricky Nelson 45


I wish I could've made it out to the show, the installation looks great.






Angry Eyes, 2003, scraped album covers and permanent marker

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress (in process), 2010, scraped album covers and permanent marker

I'm Not in Love, 2003, scraped album covers and permanent marker


I'd Rather be a Man, 2003, scraped album covers and permanent marker




Can't Stop It, 2009, Acrylic silkscreened onto scrap wood



No comments:

Post a Comment