Friday, February 18, 2011

What I've been up to - Visiting Artist Lecture at CalArts

I was a bit stumped at how to approach this lecture so I asked my eight year old and he said it should be "a lecture of certain pieces I am proud of myself for making."  I thought that sounded like a great idea.

I like the idea of examining work you take pride in.  It doesn't neccessarily mean the pieces are the "best" pieces I've made of the most successful just the ones I'm proud of myself for making.  I wound up picking six.



Triple Turntable
2001


Car 23
2008 -


The Void
2009


International Playboy
2003-4


The Grove
2007


The Passenger
2010

The lecture wound up going really well - at least for me.  AND they made an awesome poster for the talk.  Each was silkscreened onto a different record, I wanted to take them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment